Mon, 26 Sept|
Online Interactive Workshops
Parenting Club (evening)
Positive Parenting 7 week online workshop series with Laura, parenting Coach -Have a family home that is calm, harmonious, respectful and inclusive. - Stop the nagging and yelling - Develop your children's autonomy and self-confidence - Loving family relationships using encouragement and respect.
Time & Location
26 Sept 2022, 20:00 – 22:00 CEST
Online Interactive Workshops
About the Event
Have a family home that is calm, harmonious, respectful and inclusive.
Stop the nagging and yelling*
Develop your children's autonomy and self-confidence
Loving family relationships with respect and encouragement
What happens in the workshops?
Learning: Over a series of 7 workshops, you will learn and discover many of the 52 tools that Positive Discipline offers, and delve into the theory behind the tools (Adlerian psychology).
Practice: You get the opportunity to deepen your understanding by taking part in experiential activities (role-plays) that help you to understand what you (and your children) think, feel and choose to do in response to each situation. This helps you choose the tools needed to bring about the change in your individual family situation.
“Mistakes are wonderful opportunities to learn” – Jane Nelsen, D.Ed. author of The Positive Discipline Series
Sharing. The programme is a wonderful opportunity to share with each other – to learn from each others’ successes, struggles and mistakes, and to see the progress made each week. Each week one person shares a specific situation in their family, and the group brainstorms solutions to the situation. Participants say that this ‘parents helping parents’ time is one of the highlights of the workshops.
Dates: 26 September, for 7 weeks (not including school holidays).
Cost: 247€ for the full 14 hour programme, per household
Early bird offer: 197€ if paid by 16 September
Week 1: The Positive Approach - what do we mean when we talk about being both Kind AND Firm? How to handle our child's emotions, modelling the behaviour we want to see.
Week 2: A new look at misbehaviour - diving underneath the surface to understand the reasons for misbehaviour, and finding specific solutions that will work for YOUR family.
Week 3: Why do we focus on solutions? Solutions as an alternative to punishment, logical consequences, and maybe even rewards?
Week 4: Using encouragement - what's the difference between encouragement and praise, what is the impact of developing internal motivation? Taking care of OURSELVES as our most important parenting tool.
Week 5: Building great sibling relationships - stepping out of the fighting ring, solving the endless bickering.
Week 6: Family meetings - a framework for putting all these new tools in place.
Week 7: Follow-through - what happens when they just won't stick to the agreements you've made. Follow-up - what's next in your parenting journey?
This course is for you if
- you want to connect with other parents who are having similar struggles, and realise you are not alone
- you want to have fun while learning new tools
- you want a range of options so you can find solutions that work for YOUR family
- you want to develop autonomy, self-motivation and self-confidence in your kids.
This course is NOT for you if
1) you hate role plays! This is an experiential approach, so there is lots of time to practice new tools - in pairs or as a wider group. And then reflection - as the child/parent, what were you thinking/feeling/deciding?
2) Your children are all under 2. Family meetings, in particular, are a tool that involve dialogue with your child and brainstorming for solutions
Here's what some parents had to say about when asked if they'd recommend the course to others:
- "Yes, we learn tools to keep calm and how to control of our own behavior, so we don't get pulled into power struggles. We also learn how to support children in feeling they have control over their own lives"
- "Absolutely, I can apply the skills to adults as well as children."
- "I would definitely recommend doing the course with Laura, the PD content is great, and Laura brings it to life in a clear, practical, and fun way. It was a safe and non-judgmental space where we all shared and bonded, got answers and support and were able to offer that too."
- "Yes I definitely recommend to another parent. I have to say I recommended to my husband too, despite me talking to him about different books and things I learn in positive discipline and similar approaches. I really think the class helps to have things fall in place in a more concrete meaningful way. I really think it helped me say “ok this is where I am and this is where my child is” and this accepting step is a huge asset in the relationship."
I look forward to going on this parenting journey with you, to bring about the long-term change you've always wanted in your family.
Payment by bank transfer, cheque or Credit card (additional fee) available.
* And, because none of us are perfect, we also look at how to fix things with our kids when it does go wrong.
Direct Payment (bank transfer)
If you wish to pay by bank transfer, choose this option and I will send you an invoice
+€6.18 service fee
Purchase by Credit Card. Wix adds a 6€ fee.
+€6.18 service fee0